Today was a different day, having 2 quizzes in a row, both in Science and Geography. My group consisted of Caitlin, Helena and Alysha and we got into 2nd place. During geography, it was the opposite. I was in a pair with Helena, who named our group No More Than 30, and was in last place with 2 points. Alysha's group name with Caitlin was funny. It was, I will give everyone 30 house points. They were in 3rd place though. We finished watching A Christmas Carol in Art, ending it with Merry Christmas! And had karaoke twice during Music and ICT. Mr. Griffiths (ICT Teacher) sang "Bakit Pa." This is his last year in BSM and is transferring to another country, but he still has property in the Philippines so he might still come back.
The last period, period 6, wherein we had to go to our form rooms then to the hall to watch the finale of today's Shine Day. Shine Day is a talent show celebrated every year in our school and it was kind of fun. Even if I was squashed between four sweaty smelly and humongous people, north south east and west, who were noisily clapping and singing all throughout the time, enjoying themselves, I found the songs sung/danced interesting. There was a Year 7 student who sang a slow song but it was good. Another was a Year 9 student who sang like a girl but it was also wonderful, he sang "I can Go the Distance" in Hercules. Some even cried at that song. A troupe of dancers and singers from Year 7 also did "Keep Holding On," which annoyed me as they just kept repeating the same action and lyrics the whole 10 minutes or so. There were also very young cheerleaders from Year 3 I think, whose shirts spelled BSM Shine Day 2010. They waved their pompoms and stuff. A little entertaining, I would say. The best part of it came last, wherein Mr. Savage's (Drama Teacher) "band" played a song. Mr Savage had a nice voice, which I came to realize was why he previously in his younger times was a vocalist of a band. He could also play the guitar/base (I'm not sure). He sang "Do you believe music makes magic..."
Friends (Helena and Alysha) came over and we watched a Thai horror film called "The Coffin". I recommend it, it's nice and scary but has a happy ending. And after that we watched "How I Met Your Mother" for the first time. Not a bad day, I should say.
No comments:
Post a Comment